Monday, September 14, 2009

Who am I to Blog?

So ever since I started this little ol' blog I feel like the word comes up daily. You never know when an otherwise normal conversation will take a turn to a blog that someone is reading. Just today my co-worker and I were discussing a sewing project I've just completed, and she was excited to tell me of all the great sewing blogs she's been reading - despite the fact that she doesn't sew!

That's one of the reasons I'd been gun-shy about this whole universe of creative expression. Most people, it seems, blog with a clear objective, with purpose. They are experts of some trade, or have a passion about something - antiques, photography, music, maybe just themselves. I'm a jack of all trades, master of none as they say. I can tell you a little about a lot, but not a lot about very little.

So I just want to be clear. This blog is about nothing - I really don't plan to go to deep into my personal life, guide anyone in a new hobby or occupation. But I'll try to be honest, and maybe once in awhile it will be a little entertaining.


And I guess I could throw you a bone with a good quote or something, and maybe a picture here or there.

Today, let's end with a quote:

"We are all cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." ~ Ray Bradbury

2 comments:

  1. Julie, your blog is awesome. So insightful.

    Sadly, I have a blog too . . . about scrapbooking. I'm a dork. Check it out: www.scrapafterdark.com

    See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool of you - I love it! Bloggers unite! Can't wait to see you again for our big night out! :)

    ReplyDelete